Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Structure and POV

As I have continued reading The Kite Runner I haven't noticed a change in the point of view at all. I have inferrred that the narrator at least up until this point in the novel has remained the same person which is Amir, which ultimately makes sence because this is his story about what happened to him throughout life. Besides one chapter when the POV was switched to Baba. The tone throughout this book has always been dreary yet confrontational. “I want to tear myself from this place, from this reality, rise up like a cloud and float away, melt into this humid summer night and dissolve somewhere far, over the hills. But I am here, my legs blocks of concrete, my lungs empty of air, my throat burning. There will be no floating away.” (301)  As far as the structure goes, I think it has a lot to do with flashback and changing from childhood to adulthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment